Monday, March 4, 2013

new to the collection

Currency Andrew Speer, oil and acrylic on linen, 16" x 20"
Thrilled to have a new painting in my art collection!  This work by Denver Artist, Andrew Speer, was just a part of GroundSwell Gallery's exhibition, Provisional.  Andrew's paintings, however provisional they may be, are refreshingly of the moment.  The title, Currency, may be as much about money as it is "the quality or state of being current."  This currency for me is the moment of release - when you've let go of the work and it's flying off to the sky though you still feel the energy in your heart and hands from making it.  Thank you to Andrew for giving rise to this feeling in me each time I pass near your work in my home.

1 comment:

  1. The blog is very beautiful photo is very beautiful we love greetings from Greece

    ReplyDelete