Monday, July 20, 2009

where have I been?


It seems I've been missing for almost a month... at least according to my holsumation posts. We did travel to Wisconsin for a week, which required working extra to prepare for being gone...
I did make a commitment to myself to make 1 dress every 2 weeks starting (when?) sometime in June. I made the dress for the Guggenheim opening and finished a dress started last year. I made a commission dress for a friend of mine, drawing here - photo of actual dress to come. That dress led to another dress for myself using a variation of the style she wanted. I finally had a reason to use the last of screen printed whale fabric I printed 2 years ago. Now I'm working on more dresses of that type for potential consignment in a Denver boutique. For these I'm using solid colors of a satin finished cotton/polyester blend. Next will come some Autumn oriented styles. All my styles are personally draped patterns (meaning, I'm not using patterns from an envelope at the store right now. If I do use them, I use them for reference).

No comments:

Post a Comment